Top 10 spring 2012 shoe trends, and where to shop them!
From mary-janes and mules to perspex heels and toe-caps, there’s something for everyone in the shoe department this season.
London Fashion Week designer Roksanda Illincic adorned the heels of her court shoes with zingy, neon hues.
Neon styles to get you noticed
1. Fluorescent patent sandals, £290, Opening Ceremony at Matches ;
2. Leather strap sandals, £370, McQ atMatches ;
3. Faux python neon sandals, £340, Stella McCartney at Matches ;
4. Stare2 platform courts, £50, Topshop;
5. Sandals, £335, LD Tuttle
Get playful in perspex
1. Perspex and mesh boots, £675, Maison Martin Margiela
2. Lectra slingback sandal, £65, Topshop;
3. Kick ass court, £65, Office ;
4. Two-tone satin sandals, £656, Stella McCartney
From Breton tops to wedges, striped have become a firm staple. This style by Burberry caught our eye.
Buzz around in stripes
1. Twill sandals, £380, Pierre Hardy at Net-a-porter;
2. Wattage patent wedge, £78, Topshop;
3. Canvas and leather sling backs, £465,Guiseppe Zanotti at Net-a-porter;
4. Raffia sandals, £375, Opening Ceremonyat Matches ;
5. Cotton canvas slippers, £105, Charles Phillip at Browns;
6. Meredith canvas wedge, £565, Charlotte Olympia at Net-a-porter.
Shiny, happy, silver footsteps
1. Wait In Line wedge, £68, Office ;
2. Whizzkid metallic wedge, £45, Topshop ;
3. Mirror wedge, £265, Marc by Marc Jacobs at Net-a-porter
4. Domina two-tone sandal, £310, 3.1 Phillip Lim at Net-a-porter
5. Leather wedge, £295, Karl by at Net-a-porter
6. Pastiches sandals, £70, Topshop.
What will they think of next? Marc by Marc Jacobs takes the flat out of sneakers by incorporating a hidden heel.
Hightops to tiptoe and flatfoot around in
1. Diamond print trainers, £430, Lanvin atNet-a-porter;
2. Trouble high top trainers, £28, Topshop ;
3. Cool wedge high tops, £149, Ash;
4. Leather and suede boots, £310, See by Chloé at Net-a-porter.
Wedges to rock in
1. Zora leather sandals, £400, Isabel Marantat Net-a-porter.
2. Yellow Julian J Smith wedges, £55, River Island;
3. Patterned wesges, £84.99, Chinese Laundry at New Look;
4. Satellite colourblock wedge, £70, Topshop;
5. Crochet sandals, £545, Missoni at Net-a-porter.
When Louis Vuitton make their shoes instantly desirable, the rest of the high street usually follows suit. This season, they glamorously breathed new life into the humble toe-cap.